Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Falling in love is magic!


Falling in love and the term love
per se are two very distinct emotions. Falling in love is such an exciting feeling that sweeps a person head over heels. It can be a flash of weird, spine-tingling sensations or a first of the many steps to find true love.


Falling in love is a powerful instinctive, emotional attraction of one toward the opposite sex or of the same sex, in certain cases. And fortunately, when the feeling is mutual, meaning one falls in love with another and the other reciprocates the feeling, this act of mutual falling in love can grow into a beautiful love affair.

Falling in love, in my case, was a truly an inspiring experience. It touched the very heart of me that I could not possibly get myself the focus I need to do things that I had to do then. There were moments of immense daydreaming…The sudden weakness I felt in the knees and increase in bodily temperature whenever I saw her was to me the most exciting of all moments when I fell in love.

Falling in love is not so strange a phenomenon. You don’t have to search for it; it just happens. And when you fall in love, you can’t do anything to stop it. It haunts you day and night. Like a patriot missile, it follows you wherever you are. Certainly, it is so mysterious.

When you fall in love, the feelings you have are not always pleasant. I bet that for people who have experienced this powerful potion of Eros, they felt a total mix of emotions--excitement, doubts, overpowering attention on one’s self-image, and even extreme jealousy.

Falling in love is nature’s way of showing how fragile and delicate men and women are. It is likewise nature’s way of telling us that there are cases beyond our control. Definitely and for most cases, people who fall in love lose control. It’s the time in our lives that the heart overpowers the mind, decisively. It makes brave men and women go “chicken” and it makes the most brilliant the dumbest of all creation!

Many of us think that falling in love is all about sex. I beg to disagree. Sex may be an inescapable aspect of it in the long run; but, that is not the “end all and be all” of falling in love. Sex is but a mere outward manifestation of surrendering ourselves to the dictates of the most overwhelming of all human emotions—love. But, sex can never be the object of true and unconditional love.

Falling in love is one of the essential steps on finding our lifetime partner. Being attracted to another person is the most basic part of settling down. In this regard, falling in love as a stage in our lives is significant.

I always tell my students to be careful when you fall in love. But I know deep inside that this is an irony. Why? Simple…It’s because as I said earlier, falling in love is usually that time in a person’s life when the heart takes control.

Many of my students ask me “what is love?” and when I explain, I end up first explaining “how do you know that you have fallen in love?” then, proceed with their question. Almost always, my explanation would be like this—love is… falling in love with the person over and over again… every second of the minute, every minute of the hour, every hour of the day and everyday of your life.

Falling in love is really one of the best experiences that any person can ever have. It’s compelling. It’s wonderful. It’s magic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gaganda po ng mga blogs nyo sir..^_^

Unknown said...

"Sir Joel let me congratulate you first for this very inspiring blogs! You're one of a kind. I'm really thankful we became friends. Certainly, I'm learning a lot from your insights. Honestly sir, after reading your blog I realized that I'm very much in love with my wife...thank you so much. Godspeed"

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading your blog...i hope to see some more!thanks...

alvin said...

sir joel,, nice posts,,, i wish im like you,, inspired by experiences,,, alvin po,, from iv-aristotle,,, saying that "a free soul is free to walk,free to talk but not to problems" take acre... god bless us all...